As redundant I/O systems, the rack based AC 870P Local I/O, ABB S900 remote I/O for use in hazardous areas, or ABB S800 I/O may be applicable.
Properties of the local I/O modules include:
- Intelligent I/O system. A processor in each I/O module allows extended functionalities such as error detection and alarm signaling, a time stamp of 1 ms and system diagnostics functions.
- Process interface components offer the option of Ex-i execution or a HART interface.
- The field signals are connected to the I/O modules at the front, thus using available space efficiently.
- Redundant communications settings, controllers and redundant I/O modules maximize availability.
- The capability for operators to configure the system themselves enables you to save time and money. Calibration is not necessary.
- It is possible to exchange individual components without interrupting the entire process.